HOW TO STAY ACTIVE AND HEALTHY WHILE AT HOME DURING COVID TIMES?
Amidst the concerns around the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, people in communities across countries and all over the world are advised to stay home. COVID-19 is spread by droplet transmission that occurs when an individual coughs or sneezes into the air or onto a surface and then the virus enters a new host through eyes, nose, or mouth. So to avoid, the massive spread of this novel coronavirus infection, people are encouraged to stay home or self-isolate. This sudden change has led to some challenges in maintaining a physically active lifestyle. Irrespective of the age from young to old, regular physical activity is an important factor that has profound benefits on health and well-being. Regular physical activity improves the immune system and reduces stress and anxiety that has arisen in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Staying active and fit is more important for people with a compromised immune system or autoimmune conditions. The good news is that every little bit of exercise completed can also provide health benefits; the key to this is to move more and sit less. So how do we stay active and healthy while at home?
There are many ways you can stay active while at home:
- Play some music with aerobic activities
- Do some step-up exercise for 10-15 minutes twice a day
- Exercise regularly on your home cardio machines if you have them.
- Follow some online videos or download workout apps on your smartphone that show ways to workout without equipment
- Perform some simple muscle strengthening exercises around your home such as squats or sit-to-stand from a sturdy chair. You could also do pushups against a wall, planks and mountain climbers that don’t require much space
- You can also jog in place for ten minutes or skip in an open area in your home.
- Perform yoga such as deep breathing exercises that can help expand and expel toxins from the lungs. This way you can help improve your respiratory system
- Do some gardening around your yard
- Play some active games with your family members which can greatly affect your emotional and mental well-being
- Play some music and dance to your favorite tunes. Learn new dance moves and enjoy dancing with your family
- Don’t just sit and watch TV for hours on end. You need to feel productive. Take part in finishing daily home chores such as laundry, dishwashing, floor cleaning, and taking out the garbage.
Try to keep moving because any amount of physical activity can get your heart pumping, lungs moving, and boost your overall health. And do not forget to eat right. Combining a good diet with the right amount of physical activity can help us fight any sort of disease and infections and stay strong. We at Autoimmune Health& Nutrition believe that good food and physical activity are key to staying fit and active even while at home during this phase of the pandemic. Our nutrient-dense AIP/Paleo compliant protein powder is an organic superfood blend made from grass-fed adhering meat and collagen, specially formulated for people with autoimmune conditions and compromised immune systems. Our Autoimmune disease supplement is available in three lip-smacking delicious flavors like cherry chocolate, natural and vanilla banana . Order your favorite flavor today, and get an extra boost of nutrition your body needs.
Please enter your text...