HEALTH AND SAFETY TIPS FOR PEOPLE WITH AUTOIMMUNE HEPATITIS
The world is battling the worst ever pandemic COVID-19, which has invariably changed our lives. Reports say that the novel coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) can infect anyone. Most importantly, people with chronic health conditions may have concerns related to the risk of COVID-19. Autoimmune hepatitis is one such condition where you have a weakened immune system and chronic liver conditions, which could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19.
Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) is when your immune system attacks your healthy liver cells. The main cause for autoimmune hepatitis is still unknown, but it is more likely to show up in people with other autoimmune conditions, including Thyroiditis, Grave's disease, Type 1 diabetes, Hemolytic anemia, Immune thrombocytopenia, Celiac disease, Ulcerative colitis. In rare cases, it is also found that certain medications can trigger autoimmune hepatitis.
Health & Safety Tips for People with Autoimmune hepatitis during the COVID-19 crisis.
Health and Safety guidelines for people with autoimmune hepatitis are the same as those with other underlying health conditions. Experts warn that older adults and people autoimmune hepatitis and other chronic liver conditions must follow certain tips to keep themselves safe and reduce the risk of COVID-19. As we live through the pandemic, it is essential for those suffering from autoimmune hepatitis to be extra cautious about keeping up with liver health.
Here are health & safety tips to keep your liver healthy
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 30 seconds or using an alcohol hand sanitizer
- Following a good respiratory etiquette. Wearing a mask is a must to avoid attracting or projecting nasal or mouth secretions into the air.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and staying indoors.
- Hydration is necessary to flush toxins out.
- Must continue with your treatment and taking medicines as directed by your physician.
- Keep an eye on the nutrition labels and be sure to consume organic foods options that aid in healing your liver and improving its health and function
- Stay away from canned and preserved foods that contain preservatives, food additives, artificial flavors, and colors. These ingredients might harm your liver
- Include Fresh fruits and veggies in your daily diet. By adding more greens and colored fruits and vegetables can greatly help in liver detoxification.
- Be sure to get fresh fruits and vegetables and preserve them for the upcoming weeks.
- Eat your food when it is hot and fresh.
- Do not miss out on your physical activities, both indoor and outdoor. Do indoor exercises and practice walking in your garden to get ample fresh air.
- Maintaining a healthy weight is very important to avoid unnecessary stress on your healing liver. Additionally, avoid fatty foods and introduce healthy fats like avocado and salmon in your diet
- Include bone broth & collagen in your diet to boost your immunity and also speed up the healing process of your liver.
Bonus Tip: In case of autoimmune hepatitis, it is always advisable to use nutrition supplements under your doctor’s supervision. Not all the supplements available in the market are safe to use. So, always choose the nutrition supplements that are specially formulated for people with autoimmune disease to support their healing process. The paleo/AIP compliant protein powder from Autoimmune Health & Nutrition store is made from bone adhering meat and collagen and includes a 100% organic superfood blend that is safe to use for people with an autoimmune condition. Autoimmune Health & Nutrition believes in the power of nutrition to keep our bodies resilient